In order to develop cancer research, a call for research projects in the areas of solid cancers,hematological cancers and childhood cancers was launched by the Foundation in June 2013 and attended by many institutions, faculties and research institutes.
The selection of projects by evaluation committees was primarily conducted on the basis of the project adequacy with the PNPCC priorities, the expertise of the participating teams, the project scientific quality, methodology, feasibility and ultimate impact.Out of the fifty draft projects submitted eleven were selected with respect to «solid cancers », three on «childhood cancers » and one on hematological cancers ». Each project is overseen by a coordinator hailing from one of the various institutions involved(University Hospital Center, Faculty of Science).
3 Childhood cancer projects
- • National Childhood and Adolescent Cancer Register (RNCEA) (36 Months)
- • Painless pediatric oncology (24 months)
- • Metronomic chemotherapy in pediatric hemato-oncology (36 months)
1 Hematological cancer project
- • Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma:risk factors, molecular types and prognostic factors (36 months)
7 Solid cancer projects
- • Development of nanotechnologies from tumorbiomarkers for early diagnosis of gynecologic breast cancers of viral etiology in Morocco (36 months)
- • Modelization of breast cancer risk index in Morocco (36 months).
- • Clinical observational, molecular and therapeutic study on breastinflammatory cancers at the National Instituteof Oncology (36 months)
- • Triple negative breast cancer (TNBC):study of genetic profile, modelization of biological markers and study of the impact resulting from the use of medicinal plants in the treatment of patients recruited atthe Mohammed VI University Hospital Centerin Marrakech (36 months)
- • IVA evaluation in the framework of the national cervical cancer screening programme in Morocco: comparative study with HPV and reading of conventional and automatic smears (36 months)
- • Behavioral, nutritional and genetic risk factors of colorectal cancers in Morocco (36 months)
- • Pharmacological and phytochemical characterization study on extracts of three plants used in Moroccan traditional medicine and search for new active anti-cancer substances (36 months)