The healthcare professionals represent the most important asset and the best resource that the healthcare system can draw on for a steady improvement of the population’s health. That is the reason why the Foundation Lalla Salma keenly supports all of the training activities connected to the fight against cancer, thus helping out to enhance the healthcare professionals’ proficiency in the domain of cancer research. The Foundation Lalla Salma implemented together with the Ministry of Health and its partners an ongoing program of vocational training. The strategy in this matter focuses on two themes: the development of the expertise and the in-service training.
The purpose would be:
- To train the medical and paramedical executive staff involved in fighting cancer, particularly that of the Ministry of Health
- To give the educational means to the healthcare professionals so that they can update and / or deepen their professional development in oncology new knowledge
- To develop the new technologies and measures used cross borders, and be inspired by the best practices so as to apply the same in Morocco
- Adopt a new approach for the organization of work, the teamwork, the human relations in the professional environment, the interpersonal communication and the relationship between the patient and his medical attendants.
International partner institutions
University Hospital of South of Lyon (France)
Harvard University (United States)
Hospital of Villejuif (France)
University Hospital of Vaudois, Lausanne (Switzerland)
Imperial College of London (United Kingdom)
Gustave Roussy Institute (France)
University Hospital of Geneva (Switzerland)
Leon Berard Center of Lyon (France)
These training courses cover different fields of oncology: radiotherapy, oncology, diagnostic, surgical, psycho oncology, health care management.
- Nursing staff (radiographers, major nurses, general supervisor, nurse’s aides and midwives)
- Administrative executive staff
- General practitioners
- Oncologists, radiotherapists, biologists, surgeons, gynecologists, epidemiologists
- Teachers and executive staff belonging to the Ministry of Education.
- Regional centers of Oncology of Oujda, Fez and Agadir
- The National Institute of Oncology (INO), Rabat
- The UMCs: University Medical Centers Ibn Sina, Ibn Rochd, Mohammed VI
- The different departments of the Ministry of Health
- The Ministry of Education
- The Faculty of Pharmacy and Medicine of Fez
Breast and cervix cancers early screening (detection of cervix cancer by visual inspection with acetic acid and treatment with diathermy loop electrosurgical excision); studies about quality of life; psycho-oncology; physical pain control; fight against tobacco (tobacco research, quitting smoking); IEC (Information Education and Communication); training in management and training system development; ISO 9001, quality control ...
SEMINARS, CONFERENCES AND SYMPOSIUMS
The ALSC organizes, funds, sponsors and takes part in many strategic or scientific meetings.
Whether it is in Morocco or abroad and since its creation, the Foundation Lalla Salma is present at both national and international levels for every strategic or scientific meeting treating of the fight against cancer: colloquiums, symposiums, congresses, conferences, seminars, summits...
Some of the strategic and scientific meetings:
September 15th and 16th, 2006 - Skhirat
International Symposium on cervix cancer prevention, in collaboration with the Ministry of Health, the WHO, the French National Cancer Institute (INCa) and the Directorate of the International Affairs of the US National Cancer Institute (NCI)
September 27th, 2007 - Brussels
International Conference against cervix cancer, organized by the Fund of Development for Women of the United Nations (UNIFEM) together with the European Union
November 20th, 2007 - Marrakesh
Workshop for the elaboration of a regional strategy of fight against cancer organized by the World Health Organization (OMS - EMRO)
May 12th, 2008 - Brussels
Work reunion about breast cancer screening with the INCTR (International Network for Cancer Treatment and Research)
May 20th, 2008 - Marrakesh
Maghreb meeting against tobacco
June 15th to 18th, 2008 - Tunis
Acting workshop around the fight against smoking organized by the FCA (Framework Convention Alliance)
August 27th to 31st, 2008 - Geneva
World summit on cancer organized by the UICC (International Union Against Cancer)
October 11th, 2008 - Cairo
The 55th Cairo session of the OMS-EMRO
October 31st till November 2nd, 2008 - Amman
Conference on breast cancer
November 26th, 2008 - Abu Dhabi
Symposium "Meeting the cancer challenge in Middle East"
December 15th to 18th, 2008 - Cairo
“Cancer care and control strategy” by the WHO
June 7th to 11th, 2009 - Marrakesh
4th World Congress gathering the international Secretarial departments of the French-speaking space nursing staff (SIDIIEF) in collaboration with the Moroccan Association of the medical nursing and technical healthcare sciences (AMSITS)
June 18th to 19th, 2010 – Marrakesch
Marrakesh 1st Forum of the Regional Alliance "EMRA Against Cancer"
October 5th to 8th, 2009 - Fez
OMS-EMRO 56th session
November 9th to 14th, 2009 - Dar Essalam
“AORTIC Workshop on NCPCP”, organized by the WHO, UICC and Foundation Lalla Salma
December 8th to 10th, 2009 - Tunisia
3rd regional workshop of the FCA treating of the framework convention on tobacco control
August, 2010 - Shenzhen
UICC International Congress